Sunday 16 August 2009

still here....

what an eventful few weeks, was on home ivs (meropenim) and cipro for two weeks at the begining of july, then had a week off from work after the ivs, then ended up in hospital for another 2 weeks of ivs as i got a really bad chest infection, all is cleared now and have been fighting fit now for a week, and back at work for 5 days now. I cant have cipro any more untill i have had the baby, i can only have fluclox oral, and merepenim iv, so my options are very limited so mustkeep well!!! sugars were up in hospital so need to monitor them now before i attend diabetic clinic on thursday (groan...) thats about it from cf land,

I am now 20 weeks pregnant, so only about 17 weeks to go!!! all being well, so its very exciting, we are at the hospital on thursday in the morning for the 20 week scan and then in the afternoon for diabetic clinic, whish me luck!
starting to get bits for our baby now, my good friend bought us a moses basket, and we have had the furniture delivered, and adam has started painting the nursery!!! will put some pictures up soon!!!

xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being 20 weeks preggo. They said you can't have cipro? Hum weird, I wanna say that I did cipro alot when preggo. I also did several different IV's. Do you see a high risk doctor or just a midwife? Are they taking about delivering you early? Hope you stay feeling well!

Emmie said...

So sorry to hear what a tough time you've had lately! Will your hospital not give you Ceftazadime IV? That's what I have with Meropenum at the moment and its supposed to be safe. I'm so glad you've passed the halfway mark!!! I'm still 4 weeks behind you hehe, you always seem so much further ahead LOL! Good luck with your 20-week scan, that will be a big day :o) Buying baby bits is lovely isn't it?! xxx

smiffy said...

i cant have ceftazadime as i am allergic, along with gent, tazocin and amikacin so lots of ivs are out of bounds for me, apparently cipro isnt safe after 16 weeks? according to my cf docs?

emmie, how are things going for you? have you have any more scans yet?