Monday 26 October 2009

in 6 weeks....

our baby girl will be arriving!!!!! gosh thats so so so scary!!!

i cant quite get my head around the fact that being pregnant is nearly over.... How do i feel about that?? I know i feel great about meeting our long awaited and wanted baby girl, and having her home with us, but as me and adam have discussed this will be our one and only child so i wont ever be pregnant again, which means i wont feel any more babies in my tummy! on the other hand, i am getting fed up with being the size of a small country, and the heartburn and the breathlessness.... although its all i ever wanted, i am looking forward to having me back!!

baby is kicking well and growing perfectly in spite of my diabetes and my huuuge appetite.... i have only put on 8 kgs so far which is fine as i had a few extra to begin with !! i have just finished 2 weeks of home ivs, and i also had a realy had cold/fluy type thing which left me knackered but i seem to have past that now, my lung function is sitting at a constant 74% which i am pleased with. had to cancel diabetic clinic as i was poorly but i am going this thursday at which i hope to discuss birth options, which i am leaning towards a c section but will see what the obs has to say...

also have 4d scan on friday which i am soooooo looking forward to!!

nothing else to report unless there is a medical term for being lazy and watching tv all day???

2 comments:

Emmie said...

Wow! Where does the time go? I know exactly what you mean about having a tinge of sadness that you will never experience pregnancy again after this one - its so lovely feeling those kicks and knowing there is a baby cuddled up inside you isn't it? But at the same time it is sooo exciting thinking you will get to finally hold your baby! Wishing you loads of luck for these final 6 weeks and can't wait to read the blog when she arrives and we can all see how cute she is! xxx

smiffy said...

thank you emmie, i really cant wait, looks like it wil be 5 weeks and then c section for me!!!