Saturday 27 February 2010

3 months old


wow the time just flies.... on monday harriet will be 3 months old, her age is now calculated in months not weeks.... that makes me a bit sad as she is growing but i am so happy. she started swimming this week and slept through that night but not since!!!


i had a few wobbles this week, in a good way..... 1st being, i was pushing harriet in the pushchair in her big girl seat, not the carry cot for the first time, and i caught a glimse of me in a window, me, pushing a buggy with MY baby. my own baby, it seemed to register that I have a baby and i wasnt looking jealously at another mummy who was pushing a buggy, i was seeing myself for the first time as others see me, just 'another mother with a small baby'..... it still brings tears to my eyes just writing it down, its what i have wanted for 5 years.... 2nd time was hearing and singing along to a song that just one line in it was my focal point for keeping me strong when i needed to be, mostly in the year we did ivf and the few very rocky (my lowest point ever) months leading up to it. the song was stop and stare, by onerepublic, and there is a line that sings '.....steady feet dont fail me now...' and hearing it and realisong i didnt need tohear it for the reasons i did before was a weepy moment. i am so lucky to have a wonderful husband and the most beautiful daughter in the world. x


picture is harriet in her big girl seat!

3 comments:

Emmie said...

Harriet is beautiful, you are amazing and I'm so happy you have finally achieved your dream xxxx

Me said...

now women will be looking at you, jealous of you! Its a shame you can't have a sign explaining it wasn't easy and to keep hope. Harriet is looking as beautiful as ever xx

smiffy said...

thank you both for your lovely comments, gemma i do always want to shout out that it was a hard road!!! but we got there in the end, xx