Wednesday 20 February 2008

First Fertility Appointment

We got there bright and early at the lovely Northampton general hospital and we found our way to the gyneacology outpatients which was in the basement of the hospital, well we though so, we checked in and went to wait to be called, i was half expecting to have an internal scan and i was right ! i was scanned by the nurse and they had a look at my womb and ovaries, my womb is slightly tilted so she had to 'dig deep' !!! it wasnt pleasant but it didnt hurt which was good. after that was all done we went to see the consultant, Mr. Davies, He looked over my scans, and bloodwork which i had done previously, and said it looks like i wasnt ovulating! a surprise to me as i thought i was and i thought my problem would be with cervical mucus which is more stick and think in the cf woman! so he gave me a prescription for 3 months of clomid 50mg and off i went with instrustions to have follicle tracking done on day 12 to see how my ovaries were responding to the drugs

a positive appointment i think, i wasnt expecting to be going onto clomid but if the doctor says then he must know what he is talking about. well now only 3 weeks roughly untill i can start my clomid!!!

No comments: